This past month I have been studying like crazy for the Series 65 which is the Uniform Investment Adviser Law Exam. This has been really interesting in its own way for figuring out what to eat from the new foods I have tried. I felt like it was a balancing act between a couple different things:
- I wanted to continue to progress with my new foods and still eat healthy
- I wanted to have meals that were quick and easy so I could devote most of my time to studying
- I wanted really good brain power foods to help with concentration, memory and energy
I didn’t try as many new foods but made sure to get lots of protein, lots of vitamins, and lots of high fiber whole grains with some of the foods I have tried so far. So if you are studying I would suggest trying to incorporate some of these foods into your diet. Even if you aren’t studying these are all good and healthy foods to add in! I had a lot of fruit smoothies to make sure to get in all the fruits, a lot of scrambled eggs on whole grain toast, and a lot of snacking on nuts.
- Whole grain bread
- Yogurt with granola
- Lots of water!
- Dark chocolate (70% cocoa)
A couple other quick pointers:
- I would recommend staying away from high processed foods or high in refined sugar like chips, cookies, cake, or candies.
- Eat breakfast! I would also recommend having a lighter meal before the test, nothing too heavy that just makes you drowsy afterwards but enough so you are satisfied and full. You definitely do not want to feel groggy during the test!
- Avoid alcohol around test time to reduce any hangovers, headaches and additional fatigue.
- Get a good night’s sleep! Since I know sometimes it is hard to sleep the night before I think it is also really important to sleep well for several days leading up to the exam. Try not to cram last minute so you will feel nice and rested and alert the day of the exam.